Chocolate Almond Loaf cake


I originally found this recipe on the back of the Doves Farm Organic Wholemeal Rye Flour pack (for which I only slightly modified a couple of things). And I love it when I buy an ingredient and a recipe is attached! To be honest I don't remember why I bought Rye bread a couple of months ago but here was the pack, nearly reaching its 'best before' date and I had to use it. I baked this chocolate almond loaf cake using the recipes at the back of the pack and it is truly amazing! It is super easy to make and the texture is rich and delicious. 

Ingredients:
(I used a 23x13cm loaf tin)

The zest of 2 oranges
3 eggs 
50g unrefined golden sugar
80g dark chocolate (70%)
75g butter
75g rye flour
75g ground almond

Icing:
15g butter
15g cocoa
25g golden sugar
2 tablespoon double cream

  • Pre-heat oven to 180°C
  • Melt 80g of chocolate and 75g of butter
  • Mix 3 eggs, 50g of sugar and the melted chocolate+butter together
  • Incorporate 75g rye flour and 75g ground almond into the mix and add the orange zests.
  • Line the tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in
  • Bake for 40 min
  • For the icing, melt all the ingredients together. Let cool and whip.
  • Wait for the cake to have cooled completely before icing it.
It's ready, enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate pots

Jam Biscuits

Sunday Lemon Cake